These were perhaps my most adventurous clients to date. The entire interior of the house is an exposed stone DiAMONDFLOOR finish, including bathrooms. After initial consultations the clients had the idea of seeding small quantities of coloured stone and glass in the concrete in specific locations around the house. Even the entry patio was an idea that arose from our consultation to press plant leaves as a decorative feature.
We had some of the HIA Awards judges checking out our new house a few weeks back (we heard we won the GreenSmart Energy Efficiency Award last week) and they were most impressed with the floor. One of the judges, a builder, reckons it's the best floor he'd ever seen - so congratulations to you too!
Sustainability meets design
The clients have paid just as much attention to detail to the sustainable philosophy earning them an award for sustainable design.
Even the entry patio was an idea that arose from our consultation to press plant leaves as a decorative feature.
- Job: Golden Beach
- Type of Job: New Residential
- Builder: Mitch Butler: Coastland Builders Pty Ltd
- Designer: Graeme Rickards: Graeme Rickards Building Design
- Product: Standard Construction Mix
- Finish: Full exposure Honed DiAMONDFLOOR full gloss
- Winner: Sustainability Design Award